Project title: Modernization of WBC universities through strengthening of structures and services for knowledge transfer, research and innovation.
Duration: 2012 – 2015
Type: Higher Education and Society
Tempus grant: 766,094.32 EURO
EU academic partners: University of Brighton, Brighton, United Kingdom; Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austrial; Centre for Social Innovation, Wien, Austria; University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain; Hamburg University of Technology, Hamburg, Germany.
WBC partners: University of Kragujevac Serbia; University of Novi Sad, Serbia University of Montenegro, University of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina University of Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Non-academic partners: Intranea Solutions, SME, Serbia, Business Innovation Centre, Kragujevac, Serbia, Business Incubator Novi Sad, Serbia, Business Incubator of Technical Faculties, Belgrade, Serbia ,Innovation Centre Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Business Service Center of Government of Zenica-Doboj Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
To contribute to the modernization of the universities in the Western Balkans through the strengthening of its management structures and services for cooperation with the world of business, in the areas of knowledge transfer, research and innovation, which in turn has the ultimate goal of creating strong entrepreneurial universities and innovative regions.
SPECIFIC PROJECT OBJECTIVE/S:
1. To establish Regional University Innovation Platform (UIP) at five WBC universities for integration and focusing of innovation potential and for fostering technology transfer and commercialization, byM13
2. To reinforce existing and to establish new university structures and services in the areas of knowledge transfer, research and innovation, in the line with UIP, by M18
3. To support the development of university-based Business Incubators (BI) and Science Technology Parks (STP) in the WBC region, through mobilizing of university resources and partnerships with business world
4. To develop a methodology for innovation management and networking of different cross functional stakeholders from university and business, based on collaborative software platform/tool by M18
5. To facilitate the creativity of young people and involvement of public and private stakeholders in all modernization processes based on the Triple Helix model of cooperation
1. Design and development of the Regional University Innovation Platform (UIP)
2. Reinforcement of existing university structures and setting up of five Business Service Offices in accordance with defined focus and priorities in UIP
3. Support to the development of university driven Business Incubators and/or Science technology parks
4. Development of Methodology and contemporary software platform/tool for innovation management and networking
5. Quality control and monitoring
6. Design of dissemination and raising awareness mechanisms, involvement of student organizations in UIP and improvement of collaboration in Triple helix model
7. Sustainability and exploitation results
8. Overall and local management
More information: www.wbc-inno.kg.ac.rs